Google has just released an updated set of Android platform statistics for the two-week period ending April 2, 2012.
Here’s how things looked for Android in late March and early April 2012 -
- Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.x): Decent growth for ICS, as the latest version of Android increases its share from 1.6 percent of devices last month to 2.9 percent this month.
- Honeycomb (Android 3.x): Unchanged at 3.3 percent. We’d expect this number to fall gradually in the months ahead, as ICS slowly starts to arrive on the current crop of Honeycomb tablets.
- Gingerbread (Android 2.3.x): A small jump to 63.7 percent, from 62 percent last month
- Froyo (Android 2.2.x): Froyo numbers continue to slowly fall away, with Android 2.2 now on just 23.1 percent of devices, down from 25.3 percent last month.
- Eclair (Android 2.1): A small drop of 0.6 percent, to 6 percent total.
- Donut (Android 1.6) and Cupcake (Android 1.5): Down 0.2 percent, but still active on one percent of devices.